ProPresenter Advanced Module
Our Advanced Module provides a combination of three (3) modules that enhance ProPresenter's native abilities. These are detailed below.
Network Node for ProVideoPlayer
This feature allows the backgrounds generated by ProPresenter to be remotely triggered from a PVP Master over the network, just like a PVP network node would be triggered. Thus, the operator of ProPresenter can hide their background panel and focus only on the words of the song letting the PVP operator determine which backgrounds that system will be playing. In some scenarios, like the Chris Tomlin tour, this saves the purchase and set-up of an additional Mac, PVP Network Node, and switcher (to manage the keying of words of video between Pro and PVP) and keep the highest possible quality output.
* Does NOT support grid mapping function that a PVP Network Node does, but will mirror hue, contrast, brightness, and tempo changes made on Master.
SDI / FireWire
Instead of outputting all graphics through just the DVI port of the Mac, this allows ProPresenter to output that content through either the Firewire port or an SDI card if one is intalled. (Note, this functionality is included with the Alpha Keyer Module).
* Support for HD1080 NOT available at this time.
Three Screen Advanced Module
This is a software addition to ProPresenter used in conjunction with the Matrox DualHead2Go or the Matrox TripleHead2Go products (TripleHead2Go pictured to right - available from Renewed Vision) These devices are little black boxes that connect to your computer's VGA or DVI port and tricks your computer into thinking that it is connected to a really wide display. The TripleHead2Go then takes this ultra-wide video signal being sent to it and splits it into three separate outputs (left, center, and right). ProPresenter has always been able to work with the TripleHead2Go, but because the computer only thought it was connected to one wide display, ProPresenter would only display text as if it was displaying to an ultra-wide display. With the Advanced module, however, ProPresenter can now project videos and lyrics independently on each of the TripleHead2Go's outputs*. Lyrics can be placed on any or all of the screens, and background videos can be spanned or displayed individually on each display. This unique solution provides for the easiest and least expensive way to create a multi-screen lyric and video presentation for your environment, avoiding the complication and cost of distribution amplifiers, scaler-switchers, and extra computers and software otherwise required to get your lyrics on multiple displays. No other software package offers this level of support or flexibility for the TripleHead2Go.
The panel below is found within the Module Tab in the Preferences section and enables you to easily turn this function on or off and choose which screens you want activated. You can also choose to tile a video in the background, stretch it across multiple screens, or turn it off for some screens. This last option opens up many possibilities such as using with a switcher to key video on outside screens or doing a "foldback" where a choir can see a screen with just words on a back wall (no background) while the audience sees everything.
The settings above would result in the output shown below (no image stretching with tiling enabled and the rightmost screens background turned off):
Most of these controls can also be quickly and conveniently toggled on/off with your mouse or keyboard (shortcut) as seen below.
- No alternative lyrics - This function does not support the display of alternate lyrics. Text is merely duplicated on activated screens.
- Video from DVD on center screen only - Because of the restriction on third party application's ability to interact with DVDs, all DVD content will be displayed in the center of the full-width output of the TripleHead2Go or DualHead2Go and can NOT be mapped as backgrounds. We recommend following the instructions on our FAQ pages for bringing this content onto your hard drive for use with the Advanced Module.
- Switching to any other applications - PowerPoint, Keynote, or other apps will not work as well as they don't have built-in support for multiple displays, which is specically what the Advanced Module does for ProPresenter. It will work for slide shows, but only if they are custom designed for a 3 wide resolution. There is no way to tile a single screen Keynote/PowerPoint presentation to 3 separate displays as ProPresenter can with the Advanced Module (that's one specific purpose of this module - neither Keynote nor PowerPoint has an equivalent capability).